torsdag 1 maj 2008

all the small things

I'm home, wherever that is. after an endless flight and delays, I finally arrived on the best day to ever arrive back home. walpurigs night and amazing weather. my lovely lovely friends were waiting for me and gave me flowers and me and caroline had a very dramatic moment at the airport. she delayed her flight and I ran across it and we hugged like crazy. the first thing I got to do was to drive and we went to the supermarket to buy meatballs! then we hung out at danni's place, we ate swedish dinner and it was spring outside. we bicycled (!!) to campus to watch the fire and hear the perishers play. nothing is more umeå than that. then we met up anton and went to his new apartement. nice preparty, a jammed dancefloor at corona, and a bitter, funny afterparty with meatballs and dawn.

aaah, it was so much better to come home than I'd ever expected. the light, the streets, my people. damn, I've missed it.

my last days in boston were rainy, surreal and great. I don't know if I've ever succeeed in living in the now as I did then. I got to do everything that represents boston to me, and see everyone that means something to me. starbucks with christian, a crazy goodbye dinner with my sappy speech and peter hitting on my mum, a very good dinner, in many ways, with ralph, across the universe and real larissa/lisa time, quiznas with g, a visit to astrid, eliot and chris (astrid sung improvised love songs) one last party in the basement and then a sweet goodbye at the airport.

god, I love it.

Inga kommentarer: