lördag 5 juli 2008

happy 4th!

I'm here! I'm back! I'm home! after 30 hours of travelling, which started out with a train ride through a beautiful summer sweden. I slept all the way between stockholm and zurich and dreamt about the sex and the city movie. it was all weird, and danni were suddenly on the plane talking to me. hung out five hours in zurich and the started and eight hour flight. eight! I missed iceland air. but I read read read and watched friends and definitely, maybe. when I could spot boston through the windows I thought I was gonna cry. the sky was pink and the air hot and it smelled america and it was so familiar. took a cab to the middle of nowhere (everett) and checked in at the historical prescott hostel. then I got yet another proof that the americans are so friendly, when I asked for directions to the bus. met tika, melissa, jason and tika's dad mark and they gave my by-the-pound-candy!! it turned out that we hung out all night and went down to charles river to see the fireworks togheter. they were spectacular, and lasted for like half an hour. then we were happy campers in the middle of the street and we got free popcorn and soda. walked around and took the T to central square, walked along mass ave and sat on a cement pile and played speed jungle (american version of nervous) and exchanged slang. they were so funny and nice, and invited me to new york for a birthday party in august.

god, it's so freakin awesome to be here! and I made it all by myself, all of it. no panic, no worries, no tears. just me and myself and my certainty when it comes to myself and my independence and trust. it's two o'clock in the morning here, and eight in sweden. I'm in one way exhausted, in another way high on adrenaline. I'm gonna get some sleep now, and tomorrow go to school and then see larissa.

bloodhound gang - foxtrot uniform charlie kilo

Inga kommentarer: