onsdag 9 juli 2008

bitter and sweet

it's bittersweet being here. sweet cause it's still boston, still my home, still a lot of what I wanted. bitter because some things are so evidently not like before and when I realize what I missed it hurts. and it's hard to realize that you have to build up a new support system for only six weeks, when you thought you already had one.

my classes started today. my teacher's name is mark and he's so funny. he said that I had to leave the country since I hadn't watched star wars and that that was a true story about the american history. we have a 3 page essay due on friday and nerdy as I am, I just had to ask if we're getting vocabulary quizzes. it was a relief when he told us we are. I almost miss the cold in sweden cause it's constantly 30 degrees here, 24/7. I'm reading reading reading, been out running and today me and catherine went to coldstone creamery. a big cup with three different flavours of sorbet for only four dollars. heaven, I tell you! and me and larissa went to the new england aquarium in south of boston. watched the penguins, gave name to the fishes, saw ugly jellyfishes and huge turtles. we've been driving around boston and taking detours through the suburban america with the outfield your love on the highest volume. today I went downtown to stroll newbury street, went into sugar heaven for the first time and discovered that they sell by the pound-candy. expensive as hell, but still. sat on a bench in public garden and read. then I went home and looked for catherine, and we sat in the dark at the lawn and I just said everything that was on my mind and after that it felt a bit better.

it's only my first week, and I'm gonna turn it around. as always.
and porter's tomorrow, beach part on thursday and only 34 days till anton and leffe is here!

1 kommentar:

Jives sa...

Thanks for visiting the Aquarium!
Come back and see the jellies again. They are actually very beautiful.

In their own way.